MCC Executive Board Meeting Minutes
January 27, 2009. 7pm, Maren Room
- John Martino – Vice President
- Bethany Milliron – Treasurer
- Jenna Maas – Student Organizatoin Coordinator
- Menna Haider – Secretary
- Chris Newman – Class of 2012 Representative
- PA Representative – Rachel Printy
- GSO – Brandon Sack
- AAMC Representative – Farokh Demehiri
- Class of 2010 Representative – John Faryna
- Class of 2011 Representative – Tiffany Walker
- Class of 2012 Representative – Chris Newman
- Treasurer – Attended SG Budget Audit on January 25, 2009.
- Organization Coordinator – Elections for interest groups will be held online. An email will be sent to all classes concerning the positions and the election process within the next two weeks.
- AAMC – OSR Special Request: Farokh Demehiri presented a request for funding a joint lunch meeting with Dr. Vidaurreta and the AAMC on February 12 to introduce the Careers in Medicine website to UFCOM students. This request can not be approved by the MCC due to funding delays.
- PA Special Request: Amber Roberts presented a request from the PA Organization to fund four students to attend the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) conference in San Diego on May 23-27, 2009. This provides an opportunity for continuing education and to build nationwide healthcare connections. The MCC Executive Board unanimously voted in favour of presenting the proposal to Student Government.
- Kaleidoscope Special Request: Michael Boniface presented a request to fund the White Coat Company’s production of Alladin in late April 2009. The company performs for children with disabilities at the Sidney Lanier School, at Tacacahel as well as the Shands Pediatric Hospital. The MCC Executive Board unanimously voted in favour of presenting the proposal to Student Government.
- EMSA Special Request: Jenn Johnson presented a request for funding four teams to attend the SE MEDWAR event on April 18, 2009 in Fort Gordon, GA. The event was developed as a tool for teaching and testing the knowledge, skills, and techniques of wilderness medicine, and for promoting teamwork and collegiality among competitors. The MCC Executive Board unanimously voted in favour of presenting the proposal to Student Government.
- Pathology Interest Group Special Request: Natalia Klosak present a request to fund four students to attend the Florida Society of Pathologists 35th Annual Anatomic Pathology Conference on February 13-15, 2009. This event will provide an opportunity for UFCOM students to learn and educate other students about this specialty. The MCC Executive Board unanimously voted in favour of presenting the proposal to Student Government.
Next Meeting Date: February 24, 2009 at 7 PM