MCC Executive Board Meeting Minutes
February 24, 2009. 7pm, Maren Room
- Sherita Holmes – President
- John Martino – Vice President
- Bethany Milliron – Treasurer
- Jenna Maas – Student Organization Coordinator
- Menna Haider – Secretary
- Tiffany Walker – UFCOM Class of 2011 Representative
- Chris Newman – UFCOM Class of 2012 Representative
- PA Representative – Rachel Printy
- Omayra Marrero, UFCOM Class of 2009 – Alpha Omega Alpha Special Request
- President: Please submit all MCC Officer nominations to Sherita Holmes at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to March 04, 2009, at which time the nominations will be discussed during the general body meeting. Alumni Golf Tournament is scheduled on March 21, 2009. All MCC officers are invited to attend.
- The UFCOM Class of 2009 representatives will be hosting a “Match in a Specialty” talk for all rising MS3 and MS4 students this semester, exact event location and date TBA.
- Vice President: BOCC reversions are finalized and MCC encourages interest groups to develop programming for students.
- Organization Coordinator: Interest Group of the Year and Organization of the Year will be announced at the next general body meeting. Organization plaques will be displayed outside the Medical Education Office. All student interest groups should update their Monthly Activities Reports by emailing Jenna Maass at email@example.com.
- Blue Room renovation: The Blue Room renovation is ongoing and the interior designer will be visiting the room for periodic measurements. The committee requests that students take their belongings whenever they leave the room for an extended time to help in this process. Items left in the room will be moved.
- UFCOM AOA Special Request: Omayra Marrero presented a request to support the First Annual Trot for Tots 5K in March, with proceeds to benefit the Sebastion Ferrero Foundation. Students participating in this event are encouraged to consider their role in providing the best quality care to their patients as well as solutions to ensure this goal. The MCC Executive Board unanimously voted in favour of supporting this event.
Next Meeting Date: March 24, 2009 at 7 PM