MCC General Body Meeting Minutes
Date: Wednesday, January 14, 2009.
Time: 12:00 PM
- Dr. Vidauretta – Program Director, Office of Student Counseling and Development
- John Martino – Vice President
- Bethany Milliron – Treasurer
- Chad Durgin – Assistant Treasurer
- Jenna Maas – Student Organization Coordinator
- Menna Haider – Secretary
- AHMA – American Holistic Medicine Association
- AMA – American Medical Association
- AMSA – American Medical Student Association
- AMWA – American Medical Women’s Association
- AIG – Anesthesiology Interest Group
- APSA – American Physician Scientist Association
- CMDA – Christian Medical and Dental Association
- CNP – Clinical Neuroscience Pathway
- EAC – Equal Access Clinic
- EMSA – Emergency Medicine Student Association
- GSO – Graduate Student Organization
- FMIG – Family Medicine Interest Group
- HAMSA – Hispanic American Medical Student Association
- HOA – Health Outreach Assembly
- IMIG – Internal Medicine Interest Group
- Maimonides Society
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Interst Group
- Orthopaedics Interest Group
- PASS- Physician Assistant Student Society
- Pathology Interest Group
- Pediatrics Interest Group
- Psychiatry IG
- Student Government Senator
- Surgical Subspecialties
- UFCOM 2011 Class Representative
- UFCOM 2012 Class Representative
- Guest Speaker: Dr. Hauswirth, Ph.D.
- Treasurer: A budget meeting will take place in one week, where MCC will defend the current budget proposal to Student Government.
- Assistant Treasurer: Please submit SAR and receipts to Chad Durgin in MDL1.
- Coordinator: Nominations for MCC positions will be held during the February meeting, and elections will follow in March. Nominees must attend both meetings. Nominations for Student Organizations officer positions will be held online.
- Dr. Vidauretta – There are several events in the upcoming months. February 21st, 2009: Family Day. Please email Dr. Vidauretta with any topics concerning stress and adaptation to medical school that you think are important for her to discuss with MS1 students and their families.
- February 27th, 2009: Careers in Medicine – Specialties and Type for MS2 students.
- March 3rd, 2009: Step I Board Exam Informative Lecture by MS3 students, Dr. Novak and a Kaplan Representative.
- April, 2009: Depression and Suicide Prevention Workshops
- Medical Alumni Affairs: Mr. Troy Munn is the new Director of Alumni Affairs. He will join us at the February meeting for a brief introduction.
- GSO Event: All student organizations are invited to participate in a 5K fundraiser on January 24th, 2009 to benefit Breast Cancer Research. Please contact GSO MCC Representative or treasurer for further details.
- Guest Speaker: Dr. Hauswirth, Ph.D.: Discussion of his personal experience in applying his work from the “bench to the bedside.”
Next MCC General Body Meeting: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 in C1-15 at 12pm. Organization presidents and treasurers must attend meeting.