MCC General Body Meeting Minutes
Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2008.
- Dr. Kyle Rarey – MCC Advisor
- Sherita Holmes – President
- John Martino – Vice President
- Bethany Milliron – Treasurer
- Chad Durgin – Assistant Treasurer
- Jenna Maas – Student Organizatoin Coordinator
- Menna Haider – Secretary
- AHMA – American Holistic Medicine Association
- AMA – American Medical Association
- AMSA – American Medical Student Association
- AMWA – American Medical Womens Association
- AIG – Anesthesiology Interest Group
- APSA – American Physician Scientist Association
- CMDA – Christian Medical and Dental Association
- CNP – Clinical Neuroscience Pathway
- EAC – Equal Access Clinic
- EMSA – Emergency Medicine Student Association
- GSO – Graduate Student Organization
- FMIG – Family Medicine Interest Group
- HAMSA – Hispanic American Medical Student Association
- HOA – Health Outreach Assembly
- IMIG – Internal Medicine Interest Group
- Maimonides Society
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Interst Group
- Orthopaedics Interest Group
- PASS- Physician Assistant Student Society
- Pathology Interest Group
- Pediatrics Interest Group
- Psychiatry IG
- Student Government Senator
- Surgical Subspecialties
- UFCOM 2009 Class Representative
- UFCOM 2010 Class Representative
- UFCOM 2011 Class Representative
- UFCOM 2012 Class Representative
- Guest Speaker: Dr. Novak, Associate Dean for Medical Education
- President’s Review of Officer Training
- Submit contracts for non-UF employees involved in organization activities.
- Submit permit for on campus organization events, excluding lunch meetings. Office of Student Activities, 330 JWRU, 392-1655. Director of Student Activities, Beth Waltrip (email@example.com), Assistant Director of Student Activities, Shontae Khaleel White (firstname.lastname@example.org). Communication Chair will add links on MCC website
- President Review of Alumni Barbeque on September 27, 2008
- Positive feedback concerning MCC attendance and support
- Coordinator: Reminder to all organizations to submit Monthly Report Form
- SAR submission to Assistant Treasurer
- Please submit your SAR with receipt to Chad Durgin before October 8 in order to submit requests to SG on your organization’s behalf.
- Fourth Year MCC Representative discussed funding for renovating the MS3/MS4 lounge as well as the Blue Room. With the support of Dr. Rarey, Dr. Good and other UFCOM administrators, the Alumni Association approved these two projects.
- Third Year MCC Representative discussed establishing a resource library for students in each rotation.
- MCC Tailgate Social Tentatively scheduled on October 25, 2008. MCC will be joined by the SGO and PASS.
- MCC Meeting Lecture Series. Please contact any of the MCC officers with suggestions concerning guest speakers. MCC is already working on a Medical Economics lecture and Mediacl Research lecture concerning transitioning from the bench to the bedside.
- Dr. Novak: Introduction to the Office of Medical Education responsibilities. Current Projects: Continue to support and develop an effective free printing system to the students; Clinical faculty are no longer able to research student’s grades on rotations
- MS2 CSE Exam: develop a better timeline to ensure students are well prepared with the necessary skills to succeed
- Curriculum Reform: Developing budget plans that will support curriculum reform, integrate basic science and clinical experience throughout the four years of medical education, Continue to develop a balanced manner to assess students by considering grade performance as well as competencies. Introduce more education concerning preventative medicine.
Next MCC General Body Meeting: Wednesday, November 5, 2008 in
C1-15 at 12pm. Organization presidents and treasurers must attend