|Faculty Advisor||Grant Harrell, M.D.|
Welcome to the Homeless Outreach and Street Medicine Program!
Our purpose is to:
· Characterize and address the needs of the homeless community in Gainesville, FL.
· Provide intermittent nutritional and hygiene relief to members of the homeless community in Gainesville, FL.
· Provide quality long-term mobile primary care and medication delivery services to members of the homeless community in Gainesville, FL.
· Provide quarantine monitoring and follow-up care for members of the homeless community who test positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
· Educate College of Medicine students about the general needs of a homeless populace, the prevalence of houselessness in the Gainesville area, and the highly variable needs that exist for those that are on the spectrum of homeless.
Our teams go out into the field to create primary care networks and provide ambulatory field care to those who need it. We currently have teams that go out Thursday mornings and afternoons. If you are interested in joining them in the field, please fill out the Google Form below with your availability and we will work to schedule a volunteer opportunity for you. Please be aware that volunteer shifts are in short supply and high demand, so it might be some time before you can get into the field.