|Co-Presidents||Gabriella de Paz & Ana Reyes|
|Treasurer||Nicole Miranda & Stephanie Tillit|
Welcome to Medical Students for Choice!
Medical Students for Choice (MSFC) is dedicated to ensuring that women receive the full range of reproductive healthcare choices. MSFC recognizes that one of the greatest obstacles to safe and legal abortion is the absence of trained providers. As medical students and residents, we work to make reproductive health care, including abortion, a part of standard medical education and residency training.
More specifically, these are our goals:
- To bolster MSFC’s grassroots network of support and activism
- To reform medical school curricula and residency programs to include reproductive health and abortion care
What is MSFC?
We will be hosting a number of events to provide education on family planning, contraceptive counseling, and abortion services. Our goal is to inform students about the current issues surrounding women’s health and access to care. Interested students can become more involved in the national organization, Medical Students for Choice, which offers conferences and scholarship opportunities.
- August 23, 2017: MSFC Welcome Meeting: Birth Control Counseling
- Guest Speaker: Dr. Sharon Byun
- September 2017: Current State of Access to Reproductive Healthcare in Florida
- Guest Speaker: Dr. Danaya Wright, UF Law School
- October 11, 2017: Debunking Defunding Planned Parenthood
- Guest Speaker: Dean Laura Rosenbury, UF Law School
- November 2017: Transgender Reproductive Health Topics
- Guest Speaker: Dr. Kay Roussos-Ross