MCC Executive Board Meeting Minutes
August 26, 2008. 7pm, Maren Room
- Sherita Holmes – President
- John Martino – Vice President
- Bethany Milliron – Treasurer
- Jenna Maas – Student Organizatoin Coordinator
- Menna Haider – Secretary
- Stacey Gurevitz – Representing UFCOM Class of 2009
- Adam Mecca – Representing EAC and APSA
- UFCOM Class of 2009 Special Request: Stacey Gurevitz present a request for funding the UFCOM Class of 2009 Yearbook. The proposed yearbook shall serve as a gift to class advisers, faculty, administrative staff, as well as a means to keep the class connected after graduation. The MCC Executive Board unanimously voted in favour of presenting the proposal to Student Government.
- Equal Access Clinic (EAC) Special Request: Adam Mecca requested funding (total of $4260.00) for EAC representatives to attend the Conference for Student Run Free Clinics in Washington, DC in January 2009. The MCC Executive Board unanimously voted in favour of presenting the proposal to Student Government.
- American Physician Scientists Association (APSA) New Organization Proposal: Adam Mecca proposed an UFCOM Chapter of APSA as a new MCC organization under the guidance of Dr. Stephen Hsu, M.D., Ph.D. APSA is already approved by student government and today, the MCC Executive Board unanimously voted in favour of adding APSA as an MCC organization.
- MCC President discussed each Executive Board Member’s responsibilities and dutie sin the MCC.
- Attending Executive Board Members signed an MCC Officer 2008-2009 Agreement Form.
Next Meeting Checklist
- Vice President and Treasurer –
- Set up an information meeting concerning funding request forms for all new MCC Organizations officers to attend.
- Vic President – Request from SG a special new MCC Organizations officers training session in the HSC building.
- Coordinator – Update MCC plaques by contacting Dr. Novak.
- Secretary – Finalize MCC general body meeting. Schedule welcome dinner for executive board on Septmember 8, 2008.
Next Meeting Date: October 28th 2008, 7 PM