LMSA – Latino Medical Student Association
|Faculty Advisor||Dr. Stephanie Ryan|
|Co-Presidents||Mailin Oliva & Massiel Montes de Oca|
|Treasurer||Gabriella de Paz & Ana Reyes|
Welcome to the Latino Medical Student Association!
The main goal of LMSA is to foster the involvement of medical students with the Hispanic culture and latino patient population. Through LMSA, we hope to address health disparities in the Spanish-speaking population in Alachua and provide better services in our Equal Access Clinics. In doing so, we hope to also empower our nation’s future physicians to meet the healthcare needs of underserved communities.
What to expect for the 2017-2018 school year
- Monthly medical Spanish lunch meetings
- Cultural competency workshops
- Health fairs for the migrant population
- Lessons on caring for the undocumented immigrant
- Translated resources in our Equal Access Clinics
- New medical Spanish electives
- Workshops to prepare for your medical mission trip
A Note on Medical Spanish
Tory Finley is the Spanish Services Coordinator for the Equal Access Clinic Network – if you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns regarding the implementation of Medical Spanish at the UF College of Medicine, please feel free to contact her.
Becoming a medical interpreter
Students may apply to become an Authorized UFHealth Bilingual Associate/Staff Member. To do so, please access these application instructions. *link requires Bridge access.